posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Catamarans have something extra....

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:14:30 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

What do you think?

If this is real and not some imagined adventure, I think you can sell
tickets. I doubt you can recoup the cost of the boat, though.

I think people will pay. Did you know it costs about 100,000 dollars to
climb Everest? They have a waiting list for guided climbs. Few people
are foolish enough to try climbing Everest on their own. There are,
indeed, lots of rich bored people around these days. Some are already
paying millions of dollars a pop for a ride into space and back for a
couple days.

I figure to sail a hurricane and enjoy the ultimate survival adventure
rich people would be willing to pay maybe 20 thousand dollars - for a
one week cruise. Let's say six passengers - that makes 120 grand a
hurricane, if there are eight reachable hurricanes a season that would
be almost a million dollars the first year alone. Of course there will
be expenses but two years should be the break-even point for the build
barring unforeseen circumstances.

Wilbur Hubbard

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need
the advice. - Bill Cosby:

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)