Michael Porter Michael Porter is offline

Default Well, wadda you know?

wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:26:10 -0400, Michael Porter

Hey! Isn't the Roger Long who designs boats?

Now you know how the rest of us feel when we discover that to save
space, make the hull a better shape, or some other trivial reason you
can't get THAT nut off until you remove THIS thing over here :-)

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

chuckle yep!

but that's usually the fault of owners who want everything including
the kitchen sink in a 30' boat but won't accept the loss of
accommodation space to a proper engineroom. Or of marketing types
ditto.

Cheers,
Michael Porter
Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Do you mean that 3 staterooms, en suite, is not standard in a 30
footer? And the lounge wouldn't normally seat 10 for a formal meal?
And where will the crew's quarters be?
My goodness, what are you people doing with all that computer help it
should be simple. =:-)

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Yeah, well . . . most designers are a little brain-damaged, I guess.
why else would we be in a field where you have to do a lot of work and
make very little money?

I have spent far too much time upside-down with my head in the bilges
of gold-platers trying to fix something I could deal with in 20 min if
I had it on a bench in front of me to have a very good opinion of
production "yachts", especially the fancy ones.

No doubt a pernicious conspiracy between marketing people and owners
with the express purpose of frustrating designers and boatyard
workers.