posted to rec.boats.building
CS CS is offline

Default Fenner Taper Lock Pulleys

I am fitting 2 Fenner taper lock pulleys to a motor shaft and a
saildrive shaft and I have the same problem on both of them. The grub
screw side on the pulley is on the inside of the pulley - so when
pushed home on the shafts the motor/saildrive prevents access with an
allen key to tighten them up. The best I seem to be able to do is to
tighten up the taper lock off the shaft until a tight interference fit
is achieved, then slide on the pulley and secure in place with a
machine screw into the shaft - probably as a bored pulley would
fitted.

I had a sudden flash that perhaps I could tighten up the grub screws
from the other end of the taper locks, but there is insufficient
access to get the allen key in.

Any other ideas out there?