Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Removing 3 bladed prop on an Alberg 35

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:13:23 -0700, wrote:

uh what have you been taking?
drive shafts on cars are tubes may be on other things; i have only seen one
driveshaft on a boat that was tube and it corroded til it fell apart.
mostly you find a ss shaft machined to speck for the boat and the power out
put of the engine.

but go ahead and use spring steel tube drive shafts it will give me
business.

What I said was tubular shafts are used for cars and big ships. They
are. I mentioned that solid are used on the smaller boats.also true.
However, my family has a sixteen foot boat with a tubular shaft,
complete with a universal joint, in use for fifty years. It does not
pass through the hull. It is about three feet long and runs from the
flywheel to the pump. One of the very first of the jet drive boats.
We replaced the flathead six with a Buick engine. As for SS, I have
examined only a couple of shafts from boats, and they both were
bronze. I didn't mention spring steel. As far as I know, auto shafts
are mild steel. Every point you made seems to be wrong. Why did you
even bother? Just what is it you are trying to say?
Casady