posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Catamarans have something extra....

On Aug 16, 11:50 pm, ":
On Aug 16, 3:01 pm, "KLC Lewis" wrote:

Nah, it happened long before then. Lincoln burned a pretty wide swath
through it all by himself.

" wrote
All by himself? Maybe Davis had something to do with it too...

Nah, the Constitution did not (and still does not) say a word about
forbidding states to withdraw from the union. Nor does it grant the
President authority to order military action against any states
(hence, the "War of Northern Aggression" is a perfectly factual term
for the U.S. Civil War).

Stanton did more to help Lincoln get over the Constitution than
Davis... not that I'm a big fan of ol' Jeff Davis... in fact I think
the Confederacy was one of the most selfish & retarded gambits that a
dying aristocracy has ever foisted upon it's host society.

The
Constitution is far better with the 14th and the country is infinitely
better for 13 and 15. But what does this have to do with cruising?

umm... equal rights for sailors & cruisers?

Actually, I dunno what it has to do with sailing... but I think that
sooner or later, *everything* is related to sailing & cruising
somehow.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King