posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default WiFi for boats

Richard Lane wrote in
:

Geoff Schultz wrote:

Can someone explain what "21 dBm" and "Up to 40 EIRP (dBi)" means in
the transmit power section of the above PDF file?

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

21 dBm is 21 dB above 1 mw of power ~105x. 40 dBi EIRP is 40 dB
(10,000x) up on the isotropic (radiated in a sphere) radiated power
and usually refers to a directional antenna gain but such a large
number must include the transmitter power probably relative to 1 mW.
Dick

I'm used to seeing transmit power listed in mW. So from this can I assume
that the transmit power is 105 mW? I still really don't understand what
the EIRP means.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org