[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Well, wadda you know?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:12:20 -0700, Bil wrote:

On Aug 17, 7:13 am, "Roger Long" wrote:

I now have a conundrum. I can spend more money to have the handle cut apart
and an extension welded in. The leverage of the cranking force working over
the longer length makes proper functioning questionable unless some
structure with a bearing is provided.

Or you could add a spring starter.

Browse http://www.springstarter.com/

Or to be even more nautical you could add one of those hydraulic
starters where you madly pump up hydraulic pressure until just before
the heart attack and then open the valve.......and it almost catches.

Nah, do what the big boys do and install a starting battery. I assume
that you have some sort of small portable generator for emergencies so
if everything goes to hell you can spend the afternoon fishing off the
stern while the Honda genny charges the starting battery enough to
kick over the main engine.

Rationalize that it probably wouldn't have started an anyway....

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)