posted to rec.boats.paddle
[email protected] runcyclexcski@yahoo.com is offline

Default lightweight, abrasion-resistant canoe?

On Aug 16, 3:39 pm, "d.williams" wrote:
Take a look at Esquif Canoes, they have a new layup called Twin Tex.
Supposed to be tough and light.

http://www.esquif.com/en/index.php?mod=modeles&id=31

Thanks for the link! What is interesting about these canoes is how
short they are - most of them are around 16 feet.

I made up my mind - I will wait for a good deal on a kevlar tandem
canoe. I am mostly familiar with the Wenonah product line. It appears
that the amount of time required for mainainence does not outweigh the
pleasure of a light boat. You are right, there is no excuse for not
avoiding rocks in calm lakes, and as I get better at steering this
should be reduced to a minimum. I will polish my skills with Royalex,
while waiting for the good deal to show.