Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Well, wadda you know?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:13:57 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I now have a conundrum. I can spend more money to have the handle cut apart
and an extension welded in. The leverage of the cranking force working over
the longer length makes proper functioning questionable unless some
structure with a bearing is provided.

This is not uncommon.

Since the most frequent "failure to start" scenario is dead batteries
I often recommend that folks carry a fully charged gel cell battery
totally disconnected from everything, and a set of jumper cables. Gel
cell batteries have a very low self discharge rate, and by storing it
totally disconnected you have very good assurance that it will be
there when you need it. It's a lot easier than hand cranking also.