Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Well, wadda you know?

"Roger Long" wrote:

I may just remove all of the hand start apparatus, which is pretty

extensive
and in the way on this particular model, and join the ranks of

larger boat
owners who live with the fact that their engines are not going to

start
without a functioning battery and electrical system.

Simple solution.

1) Learn to single hand the boat in and out of dock with just the jib
and a dock line.
2) Learn to single hand the boat to pick up a mooring with just a jib
and a boat hook.

After you have acquired those skills, you will have achieved a degree
of freedom you will never forget.

The ability to say, "Screw the engine, I don't need it", provides a
sense of satisfaction you simply can't describe.

BTDT, don't need the T-shirt.

Lew