posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Tropical feeder bands

On Aug 16, 2:57 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
It looks like a big long feeder band being pulled in from the southeast
that will provide even more rain.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

have been training over us all day. We've had about 15 inches of rain
before noon. A Randalls grocery store building here caved in from the
weight of the rain killing at least one. Wicked lightning. Im in a
channel now and the water is passing under me now at around 5-6 knots
you can hear it inside the boat..sounds like a bubbling stream. I
have
great steerage right now .

Sure beats 108 degrees in the shade.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Yelp....We are for sure on the dirty side of the storm.. We are going
to get heavy rain all night as that band is now giant and on track to
stay right over us. The folks where the eye hit had little rain and
sunshine now.

I did something I've never done,,Had to put anchors on the bottom of
my fenders as the current kept pushing them out from between the boat
and dock. My dock is now just going under .....and high tide was 3
hours ago. Might be a long night of checking lines and making sure I
do not end up on top of the dock.

Oh well beats the 108 degree days! And all my good stuff floats.

Joe