[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Removing 3 bladed prop on an Alberg 35

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 02:45:36 GMT, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:00:14 -0400, Jonathan W
wrote:

I seem to have only about an inch of space between the end of the prop
shaft and the rudder (post). The hub is about 2-2,5 inches thick. I've
tried swinging the rudder from stop to stop, but don't seem to be able
to find an angle that will allow the old prop to come off, or, for that
matter, a new one to go on.....
At this juncture it seems to me that I either have to dismount the
rudder to gain an extra inch or so, or I have to unmount the engine and
pull the prop shaft forward a couple of inches (if that's even possible )

I am hoping that I missed something perfectly obvious as I was working
late and was tired.... any help appreciated.

..
Jonathan Wye

There *IS* the Medieval option. Accomplished with a Sawzall upon the
defenseless rudder. Then made good with epoxy/glass, complete with
two inch set back for NEXT time :-)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK.

That is a point. The User's group listing says that the rudder is
solid mahogany....
Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)