posted to alt.sailing.asa
ladysailor ladysailor is offline

Default i scream, you scream, ...

On Aug 14, 7:01 pm, Joe wrote:
On Aug 14, 6:48 pm, ladysailor wrote:

On Aug 13, 4:51 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the best
and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are highly
rated for UVA and UVB.

--
"j" ganz

I don't use any sun screen. I don't like being all greasy and in
fact, I think it's dangerous to be slip sliding around the boat.

To keep from burning I simply stay out of the sun as best I can.

Barb

s/v Arabellawww.sailinglinks.com

Current location: Rarotonga, Southern Cook Islands.

http://www.cookislands.org.uk/image/...nga-aerial.jpg

Where are you anchored?
Are you fishing any?
Anything exotic/exciting happening?
How's Mike?
What sat phone are you guys using? You like it?

I agree on the sunscreen, everyone here working in the marina looks
like arabs with white cotton headresses (White T shirt cotton taped
on). I perfer a ball cap with a neck covering tail flap. No greasy
products. A covered wheelhouse is great to prevent skin cancer.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

We are med moored to the quay in the town of Avarua on the island of
Rarotonga. It's a small little harbor with about six other cruising
boats here.

No, we don't do much fishing, it makes a mess of the decks and after
the third time we forgot to pull in the line before anchoring I hid
the fishing rod. Cutting fishing line off the prop is no fun!
Besides, fresh fish is plentiful in every port.

Not much excitement here, we are living "Island Time", slow and easy.
It was a bit exhilarating getting here though. Five day passage from
Bora Bora and all was well until the last 20 hours where we had 30
knot winds and 12 ft. seas. We were on a beam reach and with our rain
gear on we steered from the side with our backs to the wind and the
waves that washed over us. I found that it wasn't such a bad thing
when the warm ocean water filled our cockpit well to warm my cold
pruny feet.

Mike's great, just now he's up on deck working on his computer and in
fact just called me up to look at the weather forecast. It looks like
we are going to see some big wind this coming weekend, 35 knots
blowing straight into the harbor, ugh! I may be looking into hotel
accommodations for that little bit.

No, we don't have a sat phone. When we want to reach out and touch
someone we use the single side band or internet. While passage making
we usually check in with the Pacific Seafarers Net.

Kia Manula (May good fortune shine on you),

Barb

s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com