posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 14, 11:29 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 13, 7:51 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote in message

news:Zj5wi.2466$tU4.930@trndny03...

"Capt. JG" wrote:
"roger" wrote:
Isn't everyone legally liable for their wake? I thought that you
could sue if you suffered an injury but I don't know.
Who knows, maybe there was a medical emergency or something.

Yup.. you got it right.

While I feel for the guy, seems like he should have reported it to
the
proper authorities instead of bad-mouthing the boat all over the
internet.

Seahag

I agree... it kinda diminishes the incident.

Bull****.

Beats calling the Harbor Master and hoping he does not laugh his ass
off as you stomp out of the office.. Gee I wonder if the Harbor master
would rather have a crewboat in his marina paying a couple of grand a
mo. or some boo hooin putz on a small sailboat.

Joe

--
"j" ganz -Hide quoted text -

Don't know what it's like in Texas, but here the hbs are very protective
of
their marina and the people, commercial or pleasure-boaters. Most of the
people know the hb and given the prices of the slips, they would prefer
have the sailboats than the fishing boats. If the hb did nothing, they
could
be liable. Can't help it if your complaints are laughed at, however.

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

We have no such thing as a Harbor Master.

I do not need a parking lot cop type Harbor master to snitch to.
I'd find the boat and deal with the skipper directly if he injured a
crewmember.
And deal directly with the USCG to get his ticket pulled.

These kind of people need to meet shotgun Annie on the Atachaflya
river. It would be the last time they felt like wipping a wake on
someone.

Joe

What is your problem? Every marina out here has a harbor master. They handle
the issues of the marina, rent slips, run the fuel docks, etc. The CG would
certainly be the appropriate authority to investigate injury or damage due
to wakes. The master would likely ignore you. Of course, your solution is to
threaten, but that's not a shocker.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com