Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default August 3 - Sailing in Steerage

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:46:55 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:56:30 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

I suppose for sailboat cruisers the real shakedown elements are
rigging, sails and drive train related.

Those are important obviously but for extended cruising like S & L
aspire to, it is everything that makes the boat livable. It's a long
list on our boat but I can usually tell on a 2 or 3 day cruise if all
systems are go. On the other hand I've been cruising the boat for 3
years now, have learned what to look for, and have already replaced
the weak links.

Heh heh. I'll keep that in mind. The great thing about this group
and other such forums is even a novice can spot weak links as they are
reported by those who experience them.
Which is a real time/money saver when equipping.
I hope to add my experience as soon as possible.

--Vic