posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

"Seahag" wrote in message
news:Xniwi.4445$2C4.472@trndny07...

wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:
While I feel for the guy, seems like he should have reported
it to the proper authorities instead of bad-mouthing the
boat all over the internet.

Thanks Seahag, but why not do both, as I am in fact doing? I'm not
sure if you are saying it's wrong of me to mention his disregard
publicly, but that is exactly what my intent was, and is.
And as I said in the OP, I am reporting this to the Coast Gaurd. In
the meantime, it seems like fair game for discussion in this group,
since it sure seamed like a sailboat was something to be disdained, at
least to this captain. I have to put up with the typical wakes which
sometimes play havoc with the balance of my rig, but a 5 foot wave
from 30 feet away needs somebody to stand up and be heard.

I didn't realize you reported the incident...by all means vent away! The
only thought I have is generally lawyers prefer their clients not to
discuss a pending case. Since you had an injury have you talked to your
insurance company? Perhaps a letter to Boat US would be in order as well.

Seahag

Thanks Haggie,
A bruise is all but it could have been a lot worse.
I will see them on the water again and would be happy just to see a change
in their MO.