Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Does help help?

wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:44:13 -0400, Rosalie B.

On 2007-08-12 21:06:01 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

Almost every time I come in now, I can count on seeing a large friendly
fellow walking towards my slip to heave heroically on the top of the
lifeline stanchions to keep the boat from getting close enough that I
can step off instead of jumping or to heave the bow line so tight that
I can't bring the stern in.

boat last week.

http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasle...fterisabel.jpg

This was a picture of the boat at low tide after hurricane Isabel in
2003. The water is still up about 18 inches (knee level) over the
dock. You can just about see the white edges of the dock through the
water and you can't see the finger pier at all. We had taken the
bimini down, but not the sails. The boat that was next to us had been
hauled. I waded out to the boat to see if everything was OK and took
this picture.

Nice looking boat. How do you like the behind the mast furling system?

Thanks - the OP put it on because his wife didn't like the sail coming
down on her. I didn't think I would like it, but I've changed my
mind. We like it a lot. It isn't trouble free, but it is pretty
close, and if we have trouble it isn't too hard to fix it - everything
is out where you can see it.

One problem we have is that I am not strong enough to pull out or
bring in any of the sails except the staysail.

I built a similar system on my boat several years ago and wouldn;t be
without it now. I've got all lines rigged to the cockpit with a
smallish two speed winch to help pull on things when needed.

We have all the lines to the cockpit also.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD