[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Does help help?

On Aug 14, 3:41 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
wrote

(some common sense)

Finally, some sanity. Thanks, Todd.

I think a trace back through this thread by the uninvolved would show the
common newsgroup dynamic of always jumping to demonstrate the other person
wrong than actual analysis of vessel management issues. Put these things in
other contexts and there wouldn't be much debate. ...

Sorry Roger, I thought from your OP that you were concerned about
****ing off the BFF and wanted advise on how to avoid that. I think
Joe's advise is pretty good if you put some value on avoiding a
conflict. I use the distract and thank method often. No doubt there
are dangers to it and if the jerk puts your bow line on the stern
cleat and snubs it up hard you'll get a chance to see how your
reaction times are holding up. On the other hand if you work with the
BFF and can talk him through what you were attempting to do and how
you would have liked him to work with you then you will be impressing
the BFF with your skill and understanding, perhaps teaching him
something that will help you and the folks who follow in your wake and
perhaps making the society of your docks a little less poisonous...
You can't do any of that if you chase him off.

However, If you just need a belly rub then be assured that you are
perfectly within your rights to tell the guy to f-off. Initially this
will make your life easier because you are right, sometimes help
doesn't help. The result is unlikely to be a love fest though.

-- Tom.