posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

"Seahag" wrote in message
news:aIiwi.1$7f.0@trndny09...

"Capt. JG" wrote:

I hear ya... In our case, it was about 5:30pm and they were late for
dinner... bozos... gave us and another boat the finger when we were
gesturing wildly at them... didn't slow down, didn't move an inch.

We were on the river headed to St.Michaels when we got seriously waked.
They had the whole damn river to play in but just had to dead cross my
bow. The old Tahiti took her time turning so I couldn't take it on the
quarter. I just had time to yell,"WAKE" when it hit. The bow buried
right to the mainmast when we came down and 2 6" firehose jets of water
blasted thru the cabin from the forward portholes. I thought we were
goners, but the bow came back up and things eventually quit flogging
around. Bill and the cat were fine. Of course by that time the powerboat
was gone so we never got a name nor the pleasure of exchanging hand
signals.

Seahag

Yeah, I don't get that... it's typical that we're sailing along and some
huge cabin cruiser decides to accelerate in front of us, threading the
needle between us and a boat at anchor instead of going behind. It's not
unusual for him to actually go a greater distance that way than if he just
went behind us.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com