posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag Seahag is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:
While I feel for the guy, seems like he should have
reported
it to the proper authorities instead of bad-mouthing the
boat all over the internet.

Thanks Seahag, but why not do both, as I am in fact doing?
I'm not
sure if you are saying it's wrong of me to mention his
disregard
publicly, but that is exactly what my intent was, and is.
And as I said in the OP, I am reporting this to the Coast
Gaurd. In
the meantime, it seems like fair game for discussion in
this group,
since it sure seamed like a sailboat was something to be
disdained, at
least to this captain. I have to put up with the typical
wakes which
sometimes play havoc with the balance of my rig, but a 5
foot wave
from 30 feet away needs somebody to stand up and be heard.

I didn't realize you reported the incident...by all means
vent away! The only thought I have is generally lawyers
prefer their clients not to discuss a pending case. Since
you had an injury have you talked to your insurance company?
Perhaps a letter to Boat US would be in order as well.

Seahag