Gould 0738

Default How do I get a hose on a fitting?

CAREFULLY, with a serrated knife or an electric cutting tool if you have
one, cut the hose lengthwise almost all the way through...be especially
careful when you're almost through it that you don't score the fitting.
Then just pry it apart. If you're 100% certain you can do it on both
sides without cutting into the fitting, do it...even cut it in 1/4s. If
it's really stuck on the fitting and doesn't want to pry off, use some
machine oil...or even WD-40. Let it sit for a while. You'll get it off
it you're patient...then clean up the fitting.

It's not a "blood, sweat and swear" job...it just takes patience and a
lot of care.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Aack! I should have read this thread before giving Lloyd almost identical
advice in his
other inquiry. :-)