posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

"katy" wrote in message
On Aug 13, 6:55 pm, "Seahag" wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote:

"roger" wrote:

Isn't everyone legally liable for their wake? I thought
that you
could sue if you suffered an injury but I don't know.
Who knows, maybe there was a medical emergency or
something.

Yup.. you got it right.

While I feel for the guy, seems like he should have reported
it to the proper authorities instead of bad-mouthing the
boat all over the internet.

Seahag

Thanks Seahag, but why not do both, as I am in fact doing? I'm not
sure if you are saying it's wrong of me to mention his disregard
publicly, but that is exactly what my intent was, and is.
And as I said in the OP, I am reporting this to the Coast Gaurd. In
the meantime, it seems like fair game for discussion in this group,
since it sure seamed like a sailboat was something to be disdained, at
least to this captain. I have to put up with the typical wakes which
sometimes play havoc with the balance of my rig, but a 5 foot wave
from 30 feet away needs somebody to stand up and be heard.
B John Law

Next time he sees you he'll probably t-bone ya out of spite...

Which makes a good argument for letting as many people know about it as
possible. At least then, if something did happen, folks here could ask some
questions! )