Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Does help help?

On 2007-08-12 21:06:01 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

Almost every time I come in now, I can count on seeing a large friendly
fellow walking towards my slip to heave heroically on the top of the
lifeline stanchions to keep the boat from getting close enough that I
can step off instead of jumping or to heave the bow line so tight that
I can't bring the stern in.

We avoid that by having the dock lines on the dock, properly sized with
a spliced loop: Drop and forget. Main one, of course, is the aft spring
which will keep us off the dock under full power (or a storm's winds).
That one's mine, as when it's made, I can put the bow anywhere I want.
We've been accused of having a bow thruster.

Lets us get in quickly enough that the dockmates can't stumble their
way *to* us in time enough to help ;-)

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD