posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default i scream, you scream, ...

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the
best and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both
are highly rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me
little blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the
ebst protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also
need that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes
put on the block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I
have olive skin so don't burn very easily....

I have a friend who's skin was severely damaged from the sun, mainly
because she didn't follow siimple precautions, such as covering up,
staying out of the mid-day sun, and not applying sunscreen on a regular
basis. Feel free to damage your own skin, but I think I'll pass.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo.../risk/159.html
http://www.burnsurvivorsttw.org/articles/sundamage.html
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/HQ/01462.html
http://www.aocd.org/skin/prevsun.html
http://telemedicine.org/sundam/sundam2.4.1.html

You always take everything to the extreme, Jon...no one said go stand out
in the midday sun frying yourself into human bacon. There are safe times
to be out. You ahve to watch the UV ratings for the day and apply
whatever you use in accordance with the conditions. Try not being such an
extremist...your shrieking hurts peoples ears.

You're the one who said to remain unprotected for 15 minutes. According
to the lit., you need cover up 15-20 minutes *before* exposure. Thus,
with your "plan," you'll get a full 1/2 hour before the protection.
Doesn't sound very temperate to me.

Like I said, you have to watch the variables, like the UV ratings for the
day, and you ahve to know your own tolerance...I can stay out for a half
hour and not tan...as can many people...many cannot...those wioth very
;pink or pale skins suffer more from exposure....probelm with you is tyhat
you like to set black and white rules for everyone...and you like to have
everyone follow them because they're scared...sounds more like you're
trying to start a religion than offering adviise on suntanning or
exposure....

And your skin color... black/dark skin resists damage more than your lily
whites.

Sounds like you didn't read your own posted links.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com