posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default i scream, you scream, ...

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the
best and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are
highly rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on
the block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive
skin so don't burn very easily....

This isn't what dermatologists stay. You should be applying sunblock
15-20 minutes before exposure. Tanning in intense sun can take place in
much less than 15 minutes and no tanning is good. Where you get this
stuff, I have no idea.

I got it originally from a dermatologist on the Today SHow... but just in
case you don't know how to Google, put benefits of 15 minutes in the sun
into your search and see what happens..or read this to start:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/30769.php

http://www.sunsmart.org.nz/skin-canc...-exposure.aspx

http://www.articleclick.com/Article/...unlight/919158

Why you aren't more well read is beyond me....

Katy, if you're outdoors at all... walking to your car, to the post office,
you're getting all you need. Promoting not putting sunscreen on when
boating, an enviroment that lends itself to intense sun exposure, is
downright dangerous.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com