posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default i scream, you scream, ...

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the
best and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are
highly rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on the
block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive skin
so don't burn very easily....

This isn't what dermatologists stay. You should be applying sunblock 15-20
minutes before exposure. Tanning in intense sun can take place in much less
than 15 minutes and no tanning is good. Where you get this stuff, I have no
idea.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com