roger[_2_] roger[_2_] is offline

Default Does help help?

He's one guy, not a crowd. Most people judge for themselves, especially
sailors. If they're sailors, and you conduct yourself properly, he will
remain one voice among many.

I agree with this. In a marina I once stayed in, this liveaboard who
knew EVERYONE in the marina was bad mouthing this one new sailor who
pulled in on his dock. He was one of those liveaboards who was
always around. A beer in one hand and a Marlboro in the
other,,,,always. Anyway most of the sailors knew it for what it was.
I met the guy, turned out to be a super friendly, down to earth guy
not the arrogant asshole that the toad said he was. People judge for
themselves. Of course the power boat crowd believed him but they don't
matter. I don't talk to the powerboat crowd anyway.