cavelamb himself[_3_] cavelamb himself[_3_] is offline

Default Does help help?

Capt. JG wrote:

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

"Roger Long" wrote in message
.. .

One of the most essential aspects of helping is, BEING ABLE TO TAKE A
HINT!, for crying out loud. It seems quite unfair that I'm going to be
branded as an asshole by this fellow and his dockmates just because he
couldn't let it go after three polite brush offs. At that level of
communication, how is he going to be able to help me dock?

And, he tried to stop the boat by pushing hard on the top of the
lifeline stanchion because he thought it should stop a couple feet
earlier in the slip than I did. Someday after I have time to pull major
parts of the interior out, the stanchion bases will be strong enough for
this abuse but I'm not there yet.

--
Roger Long

He's one guy, not a crowd. Most people judge for themselves, especially
sailors. If they're sailors, and you conduct yourself properly, he will
remain one voice among many.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

And drunks being drunks, chances are he won't remember the incident at all
by now. Or will be utterly embarrassed by it.

I'm astonished by how often this is true... at least the former.

In ddition, I'm astonished by how often people seem to think a boat
won't float without alcohol...