Harry Krause

Default Yamaha 4 stroke engine noise?

CFLav8r wrote:

My fairly new 03' Yamaha 115hp has been making a squealing noise that sounds
like a loose belt.
Anyone have any idea what this might be?
I had the local maintenance guys at the marina look at it and they just
lubed some lower end bearing but they did not perform a sea trial.
Noise still there!

The power tilt has also been making noises but that I figure is just the
fluid level.

David
Port Canaveral, FL

Yeah. It isn't uncommon among brand-new Yamaha four strokes. Really. It
is a belt, and the noise will subside after some hours of use. But make
sure your local dealer looks the engine over carefully at the 10-hour
checkup.