Default Twilight Zone on the Water

Lake Ontario was doing its best to erase a few boaters today. Got a call
from a friend who got back to the boat launch 45 minutes ahead of a storm.
He was sitting in a nearby restaurant watching "Best of Darwin", and said
"Get down here - the circus is in town". We decide to eat dinner out
tonight.

- We passed the boat launch on the way to the restaurant and saw (as
expected) about 50 boats floating around waiting to haul out. Not expected:
2 police cars. You know the boaters who dock and pretend not to notice that
there are boats still in the water, also waiting to haul out, so they take
their sweet time stowing their fishing gear and making sure their hair's
lookin' good before going to get their trailers? Gets interesting when a
storm's 5 minutes away, with lightnining included at no extra cost. So,
there were apparently a half dozen fist fights. What a waste of police time.

- We got to the restaurant, which overlooks the beach, and watch a guy who
probably beached his boat to come to the restaurant and get drunk at their
beach. (It's a custom here, so don't ask "How can you be so sure?").
Unfortunately, nobody taught him how to set an anchor so the boat would stay
far enough out to not get his lower unit wedged in the sand. The boat's in a
foot of water, the waves are doing their best to push him the last 20 feet
onto the beach, and he's gunning the engine, kicking up a mix that looked
like 80% sand. The boat's going nowhere. The best part: He's got 3 people
standing behind the boat, in the water, pushing. They're all within a foot
or two of the prop. An hour and a half later, they were still going at it.

- On the way home, we passed an undeveloped launch and pulled over to see
what was going on there. Although not right on Lake Ontario, this bay was
pretty rough, and the weather radio's still saying "Small craft warnings -
Don't even think about it". There's a group with a trailer two and jet skis,
but they're going into the water, not out. It gets better: We see a guy in a
wheelchair, no life vest, and his two friends are wheeling him halfway into
the water and helping him onto one of the jet skis.

Wheelchair. No vest. Jet ski. Storm. We wondered if Bam Margera was making
another sequel to the "Jackass" movie series, but we saw no cameras....