posted to rec.boats.building
John Cassara John Cassara is offline

Default mounting radar under Solar panels

Why not act a little grown up and run at 3/4 throttle for most of your ride.
Save's fuel, wear and tear on the engines drives and you. The people around
you may also like you a little more.

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message

I'm pondering where to place the radar on my catamaran. I'm building a
radar arch to support solar panels, and was thinking of mounting the radar
scanner under the panels to avoid shading them.

The only problem I have is that the arch will be build with carbon fiber
tubing (ex-windsurfer masts). Anybody know how much radar blockage carbon
tubes about 2" diameter, perhaps 6' from the scanner might produce? Its a
JRC 1500 with a 5.2° horizontal beam width.

Evan Gatehouse