posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Fore or Aft ...That is the question.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 10, 5:31 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com...

I'm setting up a stay sail forestay and have a slight problem.

See this pictu
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/272...63212926LiUcvQ

The old stay sail stay padeye was welded to an old electric winch
that was tossed in favor of my cast iron hot galvanized triple dipped
Navy number 1 wildcat drum combo. Now my inner forestay will be either
fore or aft of the winch. I guess the best would be right on top of
the bollard, but that would screw up the coating and foul things up
using the bollard.

Which side would be better? ..I'm leaning towards a padeye forward of
the doubler plate under the winch. But in a heavy blow she may balance
better with a small sail further aft..

Any suggestions or opinions?

Joe

I'm curious as to why you refer to a bollard on you boat... typically, a
bollard is what's on the dock... calling one on a boat isn't wrong, but
it's
not common.

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/216...63212926WOnZjw

Just what would you call the thingy sticking out the top of the
winch?

Joe

Your forestay is growing out of the top of your winch!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com