posted to alt.sailing.asa
Goofball_star_dot_etal Goofball_star_dot_etal is offline

Default Jeff, another catamaran capsize and breakup at sea

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:29:04 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

The capsized catamaran looks like it has sugar scoop transoms.

Hard to tell but I think both hulls are lying on their sides in the
main picture and you are looking at the rudders flipped upwards. The Y
boat picture blows up quite well but I am not sure what I am looking
at there.

The tiki
has no such thing,The Lagoon 38 does have sugar scoops, though. The
question is does the Lagoon have a keels or daggerboards (or
centerboards)? The capsized boat has no sign of a keel of any sort so it
must have daggerboards. But you can see the spar at the bow sticking up
at an odd angle. It's still attached to one hull but not the other.

Wilbur Hubbard
--- Catamaran - two unseaworthy boats joined together to make another
one?