Courtney

Default OT-- Atlanta

Hate to butt in on a conversation here but my husband and I may be
moving to atlanta from pittsburgh next summer. What are the best
school districts to live and/or teach in? I believe his office will be
in northern atlanta.
Thanks

DSK wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:
Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

I guess not. I only lived there for a while and have only a dozen or so
friends in the area that we visit regularly.

Been to a play on Peachtree?

No, I don't go to plays.

Been to the Stouffer Resort on Lake Lanier?

No, I don't go to resorts. I have sailed & raced on Lake Lanier many
times. It's nice but it's far from "world class."

Been to any of the world-class restaurants (NOT the Varsity!)

Yep. There are a lot of good restaurants in Atlanta... a lot of
overpriced crap, too. I would rate Atlanta pretty far down the scale
with regard to restaurants. The Triangle area has much better. And there
are other big cities with more too.

Seen the lazer show at Stone Mountain?

Nope

Been to any of several of Georgia Tech's engineering labs?

Yep. A fair amount of collaborative projects with NC State. Plus the
Georgia Tech sailing team is pretty cool.

Been to Hartsfield Airport (the world's busiest)?

Yep. People going to hell have to change planes in Atlanta. Doesn't make
it a good thing.

Toured the State Capital, with it's dome from Dahlonega gold (where
the FIRST gold rush in the U.S. took place)?

Yep

Watched the sunrise on the city from atop Stone Mountain?

Yep

Seen any of many musical groups and musicians that come to Atlanta for
a chance to record at some of the best studios in the U.S.?

There are much better music fairs in NC, especially bluegrass. For
classic music Atlanta can't even begin to compare with one of the really
"world class" venues.

Been to Olympic Park, where kids play in the fountains?

Kids play in fountains lots of places.

Did you go to any Olympic events when we hosted the Olympics?

Just the sailing, and that was in Savannah.

Been to the fabulous Turner Field to watch the Braves?

Yep. Turner doesn't strike me as "fabulous" though.

(guess I won't mention the Falcons right now!!)

At one point the Braves were in the cellar too.

Walked around Sweet Auburn, and/or other historical areas?
Really studied the great history of the area?

Actually I used to host Civil War tours in the Atlanta area. So yeah,
that too.

I could go on....

No need. Obviously you're very impressed with Atlanta. That's a good
thing, but it doesn't make Atlanta "world class" in all those respects.

All I can say is, if you don't like the Varsity then what the heck are
you even doing in Georgia?

DSK