The_Borg The_Borg is offline

Default Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie' a
cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does his
very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In the end,
he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of the
song. :-)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Anti-Virus Club (The¤Borg)
http://computer.clubs.nl/antivirus
http://weblogs.clubs.nl/antivirus

"RtW" schreef in bericht
"joevan" schreef in bericht
On 08 Aug 2007 13:02:23 GMT, (poppejoppe) wrote:

Interesting and I like the voices even though I don't read Dutch.

It's about a young boy who goes to sea and misses his mother.
It's from a play which was written in 1940.

RtW