posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) is offline

Default Better for a Straits tour: Seda Glider or Valley Pintail? : )

On Aug 7, 2:42 pm, "John Weiss" wrote:
"Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)" wrote...

PS: Again, this is perhaps really a discussion about the two main
different ways of seakayaking. Curveboat or straightboat. Or, what are
the official names? Greenland style versus, uh, Euro? ...Glider vs.
Pintail... Can't get more different!

[ ]

Again, without knowing the actual speeds attainable in each kayak, it's
impossible to suggest an "in the middle" boat.

I'm not looking so much for model suggestions as attempting to provoke
a discussion about these seemingly divergent touring styles.

I was also trying to figure out what boat to use on this upcoming
trip. I'm going Pintail.

--JP