Peggie Hall

Default How do I get a hose on a fitting?

Don White wrote:
Ouch again!
Peggy...you are BAD!

I had better stay on your good side.

I wouldn't have any fun if you did!

TheMirage 33 I crew on is also having a
problem with a head that was replaced only two years ago. We sailed on a
six hour trip yesterday without toilet facilities and something has to be
done.
I'll get the toilet model and make this weekend.
The problem... we can't expell contents of bowl.
We're guessing we may have a blockage in the line

Prob'ly not...unless you've had guests aboard who've flushed something
they shouldn't have.

or the pump mechanism is faulty

I think the problem is in the toilet.

If it's a Jabsco, the wet/dry valve has prob'ly failed--very common in
Jabsco toilets. That valve is just a little "door" that swings to open
or close the flush water inlet...it hangs, and when it does, it creates
backpressure in the toilet that feel like a clog in the discharge line.

If the toilet is a Raritan PH II, there's an air valve on the front of
the wet dry housing--a little flat square nut with a hole in it that
looks like it's molded into the housing, but is actually threaded in. If
it gets clogged, it'll create backpressure, preventing the toilet
from flushing. The cu remove it, clean it, wrap the threads with
teflon tape and put it back.

or the y valve that used to direct waste water
somehow got turned to the holding tank line that has
been cutoff and capped and is stuck there.

If that were the case, waste would be backing up into the toilet.

If the toilet is something other than a Jabsco or PH II, I'll need more
info to trouble shoot it.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"