Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default $16,000,000,000 in new fuel taxes!

On 2007-08-05 19:25:03 -0400, Larry said:

House passed the demo's $16,000,000,000 increase in taxes on oil companies.

How much is that gonna cost us at the gas station and fuel dock? Oil
companies don't pay taxes....CONSUMERS pay all taxes....US!

Sales tax just went up $16B by the back door....(sigh)

Larry

I don't expect much difference for the boat. Added 7 gallons Friday (5
of it Biodiesel) for our first fill-up for the season and used just
under 15 gallons the previous two seasons, about 150 days on the water
in total.

Getting our little solar cell cut our fuel consumption to less than a
third of what we'd been using.

Truthfully, there are a number of hidden taxes going/gone in, the worst
in my mind being corn-based ethanol, a $0.50 per gallon of ethanol tax,
and MANY more dollars coming from our pockets for anything that uses or
eats corn.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD