Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Heck with NASCAR, how about boat racing?

On Aug 6, 5:17?pm, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:05:08 -0700, Chuck Gould

wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:11?am, wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:18 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

The Unlimited Light my publication co-sponsors finished second at
Seafair, one of the major races on the national circuit.

We may be in first place for national points standing at this point.
We were in second place for national points going into today's race
and the boat that beat us at Seafair by achieving a fraction of a mile
per hour better speed was not ahead of us in the standings. I'll have
to check.

We won the race at Valleyfied, Quebec with a substitute driver- but
Kayleigh Perkins drove the boat to this respectable finish at Seafair.
She's a 19 year old first year driver who is just flat outdriving a
lot of the experienced veterans. I'm sure that a few of the guys are
good naturedly twerked about getting "beat by a girl!" :-)

http://ulhra.org/

Girl power and all that. My youngest has a shirt that says

You "wish" you could play like a girl!

I think it's kinda' tough.. I always tell my kids there is plenty of
room for them in these kind of sports, especially with all the new
technology, more brains than brawn involved and everyone knows chicks
are.... well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck on
your race team. Do you got logo's, stickers, etc??- Hide quoted text -

The UL72, "Miss Boat Electric" carries our logo on the tailfins. The
really neat aspect of this boat is that it is sponsored by a
consortium of boating related companies. There might be one or two non-
boating firms in the batch, so I won't go so far as to say it's
exclusively sponsored by boating firms- but darn close.

Kayleigh is remarkable young woman. Not only is she one heck of a
skillful and fearless driver, but she also happens to be intelligent
and good looking.

Pictures, Chuck! Pictures!

Here's one:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm.../2003802217_pa...
--