Ruby Vee Ruby Vee is offline

Default August 3 - Sailing in Steerage

On 2007-08-05 19:25:52 -0400, "KLC Lewis" said:

You know what they say, Rosalie, "if you haven't gone aground it's because
you haven't sailed enough." I haven't gone aground yet (knock on wood) but
I've brushed the mud a time or two. Mostly this is because I'm exceptionally
paranoid about depth. If the chart (and my depth sounder) shows less than 20
feet I don't want to be there unless I'm anchoring.

Don't try to sail in the Chesapeake, then! I'm thrilled when I have
over 15 feet of depth!

Ruby