Clams Canino

Default Johnson 70 outboard. Smoke at idle

It's no hysteria that a failed VRO will kill ya dead and that pre-mix will
always be correct. It's also a fact that it takes *7 seconds* to dump that
oil in before applying the gas.

I threw away the VRO in my Merc and premix anywhere between 50/1 to 40/1
depending on the math. (In other words I shoot for 50/1 and err on the side
of caution in a hurry - I'm *always* in a hurry)

My motor smokes a bit at idle........ but when I jam the throttle down and
the world explodes for the poor bastage on the back of the rope, I don't
have a worry in the world to 6k and beyond.........

-W

"Billgran" wrote in message news:HDSPa.79960

The hysteria over VRO is from the uneducated "mechanics" that do not know

or
understand the system, or from folks who "think" they know something

because
they heard it from their neighbor's best friend's cousin's brother-in-law.

Bill Grannis
service manager