posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default cable colors to connect horizon spectrum to garmin gps 182c

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 22:19:51 GMT, "angeltomas" u36369@uwe wrote:

Garmin setting menu has port 1 using for sonar connection.Port 2 is available
for connecting.I need to know which cable colors to connect to spectrum radio
so that the latitude and longitud are seeing on the radio.cable colors of
garmin to cable colors in spectrum to be joined are needed.By the way they
were connected before and working fine.An accident happened in the connection
and cant tell which color was connected to the other one,Thanks for help.....
Regards ....Angel

Read The Fine Manuals that came with the equipment you are trying to
connect. I know that Garmin, at least, clearly indicates the purpose
of the various wires in their equipment cables.

I assume that you need to connect the Data Out (or NMEA-0183 out) wire
from the Garmin to the Data In (or NMEA In) wire on the Horizon. If
the Horizon has two NMEA In wires, the Garmin out goes to the In + or
In A, and the In B or In - is grounded.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca