posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Two head sails

Joe wrote:
On Aug 3, 12:34 pm, katy wrote:

Joe wrote:

What's the best way to tack when yer flying two headsails without
someone on the fore deck feeding the forward forsail around the aft
forsail stay?

Ya follow me? Say a 100% on both forestays.

Joe

Roll up the forward sail to where it won't interfer and tack on the
foresail attached to your jib boom...then let out the foresail when the
tack is nearly completed....

I'd rather feed it around by hand then risk roll up failure at sea,
no jib boom...yet.
Guess I could use block and tackle from the bow to the fore foresail
clew in the same way.

Joe

If you're having roll up failures maybe you need to get your furler rig
upgraded....without a furler it sounds like a mess...BTW...are you
having that dead sea preoblem where you're at because of all the unusual
heavy rains in Texas flooding the Gulf and keeping the oxygen levels
low? They had a blurb on the tube the other night (May have been CNN)
where an ocenaographer was talking about the shrimp industry possibly
suffering, along with some of the commercial fishers....