Marc[_2_] Marc[_2_] is offline

Default Diesel electric

wrote in message

I'm assuming that you will have a modern fin keel, broad beam, shallow
hull depth, type of boat with minimum skin friction. I did a really
quick calculation, assuming 20,000 lbs. displacement and came up with
45 shaft H.P., Shaft RPM of 1100 and a speed of about hull speed.

Sorry... I'm not into these calculations. Displacement is 22 to 24 ton
metric

Lastly, if you are like most owners of 60 ft. bespoken yachts you are
not in the first blush of youthfulness so either you have a crew or a

Sorry I still am at 39 ;-) No crew for me... expect for my wife and / or a
friend (or two)

So there you go. A sixty ft. mast and enough dacron to build a circus

Expect to be using a 24 to 26 meter mast.. so a little more. BUT still
conviced I will be motoring from time to time anf not only for harbouw
manoevres.

Cheers

Marc