basskisser

Default OT Lee Iacocca supported GWB in 2000, but not NOW!!!

As a lot of people have, Lee has figured out that, even though he once
supported GWB, that the current administration is a bunch of lying,
thieving assholes:

Kerry offers Silicon Valley solutions
Iacocca on stage to endorse him at San Jose rally

John Wildermuth, Chronicle Political Writer
Friday, June 25, 2004

chart attached

Democrat John Kerry brought his presidential campaign to Silicon
Valley Thursday to unveil his high-tech vision for America's future,
but he hedged his bet by bringing in former auto industry leader --
and 2000 Bush supporter -- Lee Iacocca for an endorsement.

"I'm here today because our country needs a change in leadership,''
Iacocca, the former head of Chrysler and Ford, told a morning crowd at
San Jose State University. "I was deeply involved in the (2000) Bush
campaign, stumping for him in Michigan and Pennsylvania. ... But this
year, I'm supporting John Kerry.''

The 79-year-old Iacocca, who had a reputation as a maverick and an
innovator during his years in the distinctly old economy auto
industry, said Kerry was the right man for our fast-changing economy.

"We need a leader who will level with us about how we can adapt to
that change and make things change for the better,'' Iacocca said.

For Kerry, the key to those changes is billions of dollars in new
government support for science and technology, money that could
generate millions of new jobs in what he calls "the economy for our
future."

"The focus is not on the next election, but on the next generation,"
the Massachusetts senator said. "It's a plan to let America be America
again by tapping the ingenuity and innovation that are at the heart of
our character as a people.''