Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Bow Rider or not on the Great Lakes

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:59:59 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 05:46:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

He asked me if I would deliver it. I am studying the charts and
considering
it. I've been told it is a really nice trip.

It is a really nice trip. If you have never cruised up the Hudson
River, that alone is worth the price of admission. It's a long trip
however, especially for you, and you have to have an air draft less
than 16 feet to get under the bridge at Ft Edwards. I'm told they can
increase clearance to 17 feet by lowering the water level but that
requires advance notice.

On the other hand, do you really want the legal liability of
delivering the boat? When would they take official ownership?

St. Lawrence Sea Way? The Navigator needs 19.5 feet as configured.
Removing the arch would be a serious undertaking that I wouldn't even
consider doing myself.

Good point regarding the liability issue.

You might want to look at Doug King's blog on his trip up the Hudson.

http://dnkcruising.blogspot.com/

It seems to me the Seaway is your only choice if your arch is 20 foot.