Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Bow Rider or not on the Great Lakes

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news

My brother-in-law had a 17 ft bow rider on Lake Michigan for a couple
of years and he gave it up because it was too small. It all comes
down to how much time you have available, how often you want to use
the boat and what percentage of down time for weather you are willing
to accept. There are some days when Lake M is like glass,
particularly early in the morning. I have run at 20 kts in a 12 foot
inflatable in those conditions. Later that same day you may have 3 to
4 footers in the afternoon as the sea breeze kicks in. A 17 footer is
too small for anything more than a very light chop. A 26 footer is OK
up to about 1 to 2 footers but it will be difficult to run on plane
above that without getting smacked around.

We are in the early stages of negotiations for the sale of the Navigator.
It has been shown twice in the last four days. The first guy was a complete
jerk and was quickly discarded as a potential. Yesterday, shortly after
re-splashing the boat following a maintenance schedule, a group showed up
with the broker for a viewing. Very nice people. They are looking for a
boat to use in Vermont on Lake Champlain as a summer live-aboard and they
quickly determined that the Navigator would be perfect. The guy told me
that they had considered a condo but the prices for one on the lake were in
the 700K and up range, so the concept of having a large boat instead was
proposed by one of his friends.

He asked me if I would deliver it. I am studying the charts and considering
it. I've been told it is a really nice trip.

Eisboch