Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Bow Rider or not on the Great Lakes

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:11:04 -0700, crystalguy
wrote:

We currently live on a small lake (725 acres).

Very nice.

We currently run an 18 foot Searay bowrider.

Ok.

We are interested in occasional trips to Lake Michigan.

Lived on my Uncle's farm during the summer in the UP when I was a lad.

We would be interested in a daytime trip and probably wouldn't venture
more than 3/4 of a mile from shore.

Seems ok. Just take care, watch the weather and buy a marine VHF
radio - handheld would be fine.

You may also want to get a chart of the area you will be boating in
and possibly a mapping GPS.

We would be interested mainly in tubing.

Cool.

I would like to buy about a 24' to 26', but am unsure if that would be
a bow rider or cuddy.

Well, there are advantages to each.

Please advise

As to purchase or the advisiablity of going out on Lake Michigan in an
18 foot bow rider tubing 3/4 mile off shore?