[email protected][_2_] Chris_MdR@gmx.net[_2_] is offline

Default Best method to replace halyards?

The easiest is to just tape them together, worked fine for me.
The key is one thin layer of ape over two inches of each end, avoiding
a thick clump at the joint.
This won't stand excessive pull or ultra tight bends, but can be done
and undone in seconds.
If you use force, you will have both halyards out of the mask, and
have to find the bosuns chair.
If it does not go in smoothly, just pull it back and revert to the
sewing method.

On Jul 30, 6:42 pm, Stephen Trapani wrote:
I have halyards needing replaced, two of them go inside the mast. How do
you attach the new line to the old and thread them? Is there a best
direction to pull? Any other advice?

Thanks,

Stephen