Gould 0738

Default Story about a historic schooner

Your idea of a website is a good one. It's interesting to see Gould's
reaction to your worthwhile suggestion.

A website can be a very valuable tool, but it isn't the be-all and end-all. It
takes a concerted effort to direct people to the address for a website to be
effective.

Actually, there have been websites with the story of the "Wawona" for several
years, and the need continues nonetheless.

Binary Bill isn't wrong to say that a website can be helpful.

Websites are most effective when used as part of an overall advertising
campaign.
Here's a comment from One World Telecommunications (a company that specializes
in electronic and computerized marketing) that addresses the subject fairly
directly:
*******
Successful Internet business owners have learned that online marketing tools
aren't enough to compete in today's marketplace. Traditional advertising
remains a crucial way to increase public awareness and help you reach your
Internet goals. Trade magazines often publish new surveys which indicate most
Internet users continute to learn about new sites via advertising in
newspapers, magazines, and other offline resources.
********
So I stand by my comment: A website is only really effective if there's an
adequate amount of attention devoted to directing people to the site.